Fire Fighting Vehicle are mainly used for emergency rescue of various types of fires and disasters, with many varieties and small batches. The technical design of fire trucks mainly selects the appropriate chassis according to the use functions and requirements of different fire trucks, with emphasis on system design in terms of power matching and axle load checking. The dedicated device is the heart of the fire truck. It can be selected from various existing assemblies and parts, and can also be designed in an innovative manner according to requirements.
The general fire truck design mainly has the following specific contents:
The main performance indicators of fire trucks mainly refer to special performance indicators. The special performance index is mainly determined according to the special function of the fire truck. Generally, specific performance indicators are determined through multiple aspects such as technical data analysis of existing products, market research, customer needs, and potential needs. Such as:
(1) Tank Type Fire Extinguishing Truck: The special performance indicators generally include fire pump flow, fire monitor range, liquid tank capacity, etc. In addition, the type of extinguishing agent and whether it has a mixing system are also considerations.
(2) Rescue fire trucks: main rescue functions and their technical indicators, such as hoisting weight, towing capacity, generator function, lighting intensity, etc.
Other special performance indicators for firefighting vehicles are also based on their special function characteristics to determine reasonable performance indicators. The basic performance indicators of fire trucks are generally determined by the performance of the chassis. In some cases, general performance indicators of the chassis can be sacrificed to meet specific performance indicators.
Under normal circumstances, fire trucks use the car chassis to install special fire fighting work devices to achieve special functions to complete special fire fighting, rescue and other emergency rescue and disaster relief tasks.
The most commonly used type of fire engine is the second type chassis, of course, other chassis are also used. The main indicators generally considered when choosing a chassis are:
1) Engine power
2) The total mass and curb weight of the chassis (including the axle load index of each axle)
3) The passing performance of the chassis (including approach angle, departure angle, passing angle, minimum height from the bottom, turning radius, etc.)
4) Whether the power take-off speed ratio and output torque can be operated continuously for a long time
The water temperature, oil temperature, power take-off temperature, etc. after the engine continues to run at a standstill state close to full load. With the advancement of technology, some special chassis for fire trucks have appeared, and some general chassis manufacturers have introduced special chassis for fire trucks.
The fire truck actually installs various special fire fighting devices on the chassis. When drawing the overall layout drawing, the specific location and relative size of each special device should be drawn on the layout drawing according to the functional requirements, reflecting the layout of the power take-off transmission device.
Fire trucks generally give priority to the use of space in the skirts, and can shift the components on the chassis that affect the layout of functional parts, such as fuel tanks, batteries, air storage cylinders, etc., and sometimes even consider the displacement of air filters and mufflers. However, with the ever-increasing emission requirements, the displacement of some components may affect the emission performance of the car. Chassis manufacturers will prohibit corresponding changes. The displacement of the air filter may also affect the normal operation and power performance of the engine. In addition, with the application of automation and intelligent technology to the car chassis, irregular shift operations will affect the safe operation of the chassis and the generation of fault codes. Therefore, the above modifications must be performed in accordance with the requirements of the chassis modification manual. The layout should consider the compliance of the standard.
After the overall layout plan is determined, corresponding performance parameter calculations are required:
(1) According to the overall layout plan, the effect of the modification on the original performance of the chassis, such as whether it affects the approach angle, departure angle, and passing angle, the rationality of the axle load layout, and so on.
(2) The ability to guarantee the performance of special devices, such as power matching, check of performance indicators of each device, long-term continuous operation, and so on.
The design of each assembly and parts shall be carried out under the framework of the general layout plan, and the general layout shall be checked after the design.
This work is the main part of the fire truck design, and it is also the focus of in-depth research and innovative design. It should be noted that the application can generally be improved on the basis of the existing assembly and components, and it also needs to meet the requirements of various standards and regulations.
There are many manufacturers and suppliers of fire-fighting assemblies and parts. Under normal circumstances, suitable assemblies and parts can be selected, but attention must be paid to reasonable matching. At the same time, the movement of the moving parts must be checked for coordinated operation. , To play its due function.
The company also provides various types of fire trucks, please feel free to contact the Fire Fighting Vehicle Supplier if necessary